What’s that saying? Ah, yes! So much to do, so little motivation to do it! Well, maybe that’s not it exactly, but here I am 3 weeks away from leaving the country and I am paralyzed by the list of what needs to be done. Why is it that when we look at all that needs to be done, we get so overwhelmed, we do nothing?
In the last post, Jenny mentioned how she wasn’t aware of all that is involved. I realized not many do know and although my pride is much larger than I am, I realize I may not get everything done if I don’t ask for help. To make myself feel better, I will start with the things that have been completed:
- Airline Tickets (June 12-August 8): COMPLETE
- Mission Travel Insurance: COMPLETE
- Tag Renewal: COMPLETE
- Electricity: Shut off SCHEDULED
- Transitional Home: From June 9-June 12 COMPLETE
- Storage Unit:
- Find a storage
- Pack up my apartment
- Get boxes
- Sort through what needs to go to storage, to Guatemala, or Goodwill
- Move items from apartment to storage
- Pack and buy supplies for Guatemala
- Teaching supplies
- Non-perishable food items
- Clothes for an ever- growing boy
- Mail: Hold/Forward Delivery
- Car Insurance: Pay for 3 months
- Cell Phone: Pay for 3 months
- Create a Living Will and a Last Will
- New Apartment: Scope out apartments and apply for rental upon return
- New Job: Apply or plant seeds for full-time CNA upon return
- Transitional Home upon return: August 8 – until new apartment established
…I’m sure I’ve forgotten something…
As I mentioned earlier, asking for help is really a hard thing for me, but I am so grateful to have a community I can reach out to help us in this leg of the journey.
Whether you can help in any large or small way, I ask you all to PLEASE pray!! The enemy has been attacking hard! The stress of discerning what things I need to do, allow others to help with or things I just need to let God handle, has been quite overwhelming. I am consumed with trying to get it all done when sometimes my timing isn’t always the Lord’s.
With all that being said, I trust in the Lord for He has called us to this mission, so He will equip us to be successful and all will be done in HIS timing…I just need to get out of His way and let Him WOW us!!